Mark provoked us to stop using the term - preparing for 21 century learning - after all we are in the second decade of the 21 century so we just need to get on with it!
He discussed how learning happens! An important prerequisite for anyone involved with learning including businesses and corporate organisations, Imperative information for educationalists who need to know how the brain works and how we actually can rewire the brain to make learning happen!
Mark then linked brain / learning theory on what should happen int school building design - where students should have the opportunity to:
- Have different spaces to do different things
- Have spaces to collaborate, work in groups and work in teams
- Have quiet places to work on your own and to loose yourself
- Have spaces that can be reinvented - that are flexible
- Have spaces that meet the needs of individuals differences
- Have interesting views and outlooks
- Natural light
- Great acoustics
- Explore concepts and ideas when learning
What is your thinking about linking how the brain works and school design for learning?